Friday, September 24, 2010

Dr. Pepper and Sour Gummy Worms

Ahh! I must blog everyday! What is wrong with me?! I feel like every time I do this I should be like "Blog, please forgive me for I have sinned, it has been *blank* days since my last post." So, Blog, please forgive me for I have sinned it has been 8 days since my last post...

If it's any consolation I haven't blogged because I've been trying to avoid my thoughts rather than try to make sense of them. I've been feeling homesick and missing my Eric and my family members. So I've just been watching Weeds almost non-stop whenever I'm sitting in my room. I've been doing anything to distract myself because it's like I have this gaping, abyss-like hole somewhere in my mind that wants to suck me down into wallowing in self-pity and crying because I'm homesick. So, I bolt the door shut with Weeds and activities.

But it's been really strong lately and I have broken down a few times. Right now I have it under control. I even went to an import store and saw lots of products I haven't seen in like a month. It made me nostalgic and I did want to buy all of them but I restricted my purchases to poptarts and sour gummy worms for now. Seeing the Dr. Pepper and sour gummy worms made me think of Eric, but it didn't make me cry so that's good.

I'm excited to go to Xi'an and Beijing next week. There are lots of activities planned so I need to make sure my camera is fully charged. I'm also going to try to meet up with one of my mom's business contacts. She is in insurance and told her bosses about me going to China and they got super excited and got two Chinese people in touch with me. So I'm going to meet up with Chen Nanyang in Beijing and probably be treated to a lot of food and drink. I don't drink though and it's like impolite to refuse a drink in China. I'm going to have to figure out how to deal with that. I would really really not like to get drunk. Also, they'll feed you until you burst unless you tell them repeatedly that you're full and leave food on your plate. I think it will be a really cool experience though.

I don't really feel like blogging anymore. I will have to write more later. I promise to come back.

XOXO,
Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment