Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sick

I haven't written a blog post in a while because I've been feeling sick. I don't know what it is about China but it seems as if the country is trying to kill me.

I think the food tastes delicious but then I've got stomach cramps and I can't force myself to eat anything. I can't even tell anymore if I'm hungry or just in pain. I don't know what to do. I've taken lots of stomach medicine but now I'm worried that the stomach medicine on an empty stomach is hurting more than helping. So I haven't taken any in 24 hours. I just want to eat a simple sandwich. However, I feel too weak to go out and get one. I think I even know where to get one. I think that is something that's bringing me down too. The fact that I have to go out to get anything to eat. I just wish I could stock up on stuff to make food but there's really no way to do that with my tiny mini-fridge that I'm sharing with my roommate. We just have a square foot of chilled space and a toaster oven that I'm afraid will catch on fire. I don't really know what to do.

Then, there's the allergies or sinus problems or whatever you want to call them. I have had every issue with my nose from runny, stuffy, drainy. Right now it's relatively clear thanks to Claritin. My supply won't last forever though. And I wake up every morning with a sore throat. Right now though I'm just full of mucus and pressure. I can feel it in my ears and my head. I get random sinus headaches. Every time I swallow my ears pop and the mucus in my throat sloshes around and makes me cough. I wish I had some Mucinex even though I've never really used it so I couldn't say if it would work or not. They must have something like that here but I wouldn't know how to recognize it. And I would have to go outside and walk in the heat and humidity which would not be helpful. I can barely even manage to just sit here.

Eric accuses me of being an old lady complaining about my aches and pains. But I really just want to feel normal. How am I supposed to have a good experience here if I can't even move to go out and experience it? If I don't get better soon I might just have to go home so I don't die. What's the point of staying here if I'm just going to be sick the whole time?

No comments:

Post a Comment